Monday, March 2, 2009

My Birthday Goals

Today is my twenty second birthday.  Aside from a tiny panic attack due to my inability to stay 21 forever, I am enjoying myself.  I did want to set a few goals for this year, and I thought I would be more likely to accomplish said goals if I told other people about them.  Here goes...

1. Eat less meat.  I'm doing this for environmental reasons.  Eating meat has a huge environmental impact that I would like to lessen, but I don't think I can give up meat entirely.  I'll start small.  I gave up meat for lent this year, and so far so good, but once Easter rolls around I will not eat meat two days out of the week.  No meat Mondays and any other day of my choice.

2. I will go on a bike trip.  This is an idea I've been toying with, but havn't gotten around to.  This year I will.  A long day trip will suffice, but ideally an overnight camping trip exclusively bike powered.

3. Start my Graduate Studies.  This is the next step in my education.  All I have to do is do it.

4. Write twelve more chapters for D's book.  I have been writing installments of a book for a young friend of mine (he's now seven) for several years now.  This year I want to write twelve more chapters.  One chapter a month.  I can do it.

5. Go on a silent retreat.  Another idea I've wanted to try for a long time.  Even if it's just me going on a camping trip by myself, I want to try this.

So to keep myself honest, I'd like to keep a food diary here.  Should be interesting.

Food diary 3-1-2009
Breakfast - yeah... I sept through it.
Lunch - Tomato bisque soup and french bread with blueberry soda
Dinner - Veggie burritos (lettuce, cheese, salsa, sour cream, tortillas) more blueberry soda, and a salad with parmesean ranch dressing
Dessert - Chocolate birthday cake and a glass of milk!

No comments: